Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On carrying extra weight

When I "cleaned" up my classroom, I packed up so much "work" to do/"plan" over the summer. I took home several bags and then brought the bags right back to school in August. One bag, I unpacked immediately. The second bag got unpacked today, December. The bag has been sitting in a corner in my classroom for four months.

As I unpacked the bag, half of the bag was filled with papers to recycle. I had taken the bag home, let it sit in my house for two months, taken it back to school to sit for four months only to realize that half of the bag included papers to be recycled. I carried that stuff to and fro due to laziness, fear of what I might face, not enough space in my head to tackle more stuff.

I didn't even know what I was carrying and holding onto...just carrying around extra weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment