Saturday, March 26, 2011

On telling stories

I don't know how to share my story without my story becoming me. Or how to be unconcerned with others' perception of my story and by extension, me.

I struggle with revealing my story and feel that I should be cloaked in at once, and hiding from it at the same time. I sometimes prefer the mask and sometimes sheer honesty. I'm moving towards letting my story speak, and writing it so that I have control of it. People will choose to think and see what they will; if only I could remember and take to heart, "what other people think of me is none of my business." And rationally that makes sense; emotionally, however, I'm still working on that.

I can only control how I share my story and how I rewrite it as I go along. I control who I am in my eyes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment